This post details 3 ways to organize the blueprint for greater success with a focus on itemizing and tasking. So, Consider your daily accomplishments and yearly goals; If being more organized would bestow upon you an increased quality of success keep reading!
Some of you are fortunate enough to have achievement waiting at the steps of your structured path, for the rest of us, the lack of organization lurks in the shadows of our successes! We know how to be more successful and we are on a conquest to organize our way to success!
I can only imagine the mighty glory a more ordered personal and business life would bring (less stress to say the least). Also, I am glad to have you here “organizing for success” with me! One more thing, be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any new publications in this series! Let’s dive right in; 3 Ways To Be More Organized & Successful
1. Write It Down – Capture Your Victorious Intentions
First thing first, “Write It Down! I’m sure you own a “dump all” or a notebook/journal where you write everything! Notebooks or journals are a sacred commodity in my life. I write down everything and routinly see manifestations from paper to life! If you have a notebook or journal Good! If not, get you one ASAP. Get yourself a few sizes! Write down the following:
- Everything you do daily -Make a note of everything you do DAILY from morning rising until bedtime. Additionally, indicate all daily task and events that are reoccurring. For example: planning, jobs; phone calls; emails; social media; transition; pick-ups/drop-offs; meals; gym; reading; parent/child affairs; sitting in the car; reflecting; housekeeping; school; financial keeping; pet affairs; rest; awake; etc. Label these Daily Events (DE). Also, include with this list the things you intended to do but didn’t do because of circumstances that can be adjusted with time and order. Remember to respect the time you spend doing all the things you do and focus on what you’re doing; not only is it proactive, it’s healthy too!
- WEEKLY reoccurring events– Make a note of WEEKLY reoccurring events. For example, cleaners; clean car; extra curriculum; appointments; vlogging; grocery; gas; pet affairs; errands; meetings; financial keeping; blogging; flexible time; etc. Label these Weekly events. (WE)
- Make a note of BIWEEKLY reoccurring events. For example misc shopping; appointments; journal writing etc. Label these Biweekly Duties (BE)
- MONTHLY reoccurring events – Make a note of MONTHLY reoccurring events. For example bills; social gatherings; subscription maintenance; shopping for household supplies, etc. Label these Monthly Events (ME)
- Make a note of QUARTERLY events. For example: shopping for seasonal apparel; bills; seasonal decor; personal development; etc. Label these Quarterly Events (QE)
- Make a note of YEARLY events. For example: Insurance (of all kinds); Family Rituals; Bills; Vacations; Taxes; Birthdays; Sporting Events, CEU’s, Professional Development; Seasonal Events; etc. Label these Yearly Events (YE).
Another Thing To Note When Organizing For Success
- Make a note of Random things to be done. These can be things that need to be done, things you want to be done, or random occurrences. Label these events targets or goals. Make a note of the random things you do because you may need to to create space for another reoccurring event. Also, follow up and chart your progress for good self-keeping!
2. Plan For It ! Success Takes Preparation
Next, we must create a personal agenda or plan of action for each day! It’s likely your boss has given you a plan of action or a agenda of scheduled duties related to your company’s goal for success. Planning is master stroke resulting in triumph. I take planning more seriously by minute! I usually plan during late-nights and use a “5-way day” method to divide up my day. This method is discussed in greater detail below. Use the following method as an inspiration to planning you day:
Break Up The Day
- Choose a part of the day to do each daily event. Section your day into parts. I prefer what I call the “5-way day” method. That is simply splitting the day into 5 parts- DAWN (before sun-rise); MORNING (before-noon); AFTERNOON; EVENING; and LATE-NIGHT”. According to your unique circumstances, arrange “Events” and “Most Important Task” to occur during specified parts of the day. In a follow up to this post, we will aim to give each event a time! Until then, choose a daily fragment method that works best for you. Back to the point, arrange each “Daily Event” (DE) in one of the 5 periods of of each day.
For example, During the dawn section of the day, one might arrange for meditating, prepare for the day’s Most Important Task/s (MIT) or reflect on a reading. Also, this time can be used to finish-up a previous task. Breakfast, gym, coffee, drop-off,/pick-up, health/beauty task, or oneof multiple job/gigs exemplify possible morning/before-noon events. During the afternoon, I might handle phone calls, emails, pick-ups, grocery etc. Social media, enrichment, flexible time, dinner, mother/child affairs and housekeeping are examples of possible evening events in someone’s life. Arrange for reflection, planning, health, beauty, and reading are some of things that might be done by late-night etc.
I know all to well that pulling order out of chaos can be overwhelming but we will learn to move naturally from one planned activity to next as your organize for success. This is your plan to do better!
Planning By The Week For Success
- Choose a day of the week relative to each weekly activity. For example, you might buy groceries and fuel you car on Wednesdays and attend enrichment events on Thursday. You might also plan to have your car cleaned Saturday morning and plan to take on the random task of cleaning the fridge on Monday night. In regards to the week, I find it helpful to compile a weekly list of MIT’s or most important task. This helps me create a better aim at each days run of events.
Planning By The Month, Quarter & Year
- Choose the day/s of the month relative to all monthly activities. Organize these events in your planner…
- Choose the day/s of the quarterly period relative to all quarterly affairs. Situate these events in you planner.
- Plan for the days of the year to satisfy all yearly events. (You know what they are, they come around every year Arrange them in you planer!
Plan What Needs To Be Done – “Tasking”
- Create a task list for each duty or event. Each event likely comes equipped with a unique list of things to do. We will call the things we have to do in order to fulfill our duties, “task”. For Example On Job 1 you might need to File & Write Reports; During Drop Off you might need to give a gift of thought to the crossing guard; Job 2 might require you Bill, lead a lead a training, and sign contracts; At the gym you plan to do 10 mins of legs, cardio, arms and core; Also your phone call list might include 3 contacts; During transition you plan to go to the bank with a list of transaction and you also benefit from a random stop; And as a final example, there is the obvious Grocery List !
Rounding up, when planning, don’t forget to make time to plan for future goals, and always plan time for break. Also, I encourage you to schedule room for a five minute task during each section of your 5-way day! Moreover, keep a pocket sized note book on hand to record your wonderful thoughts and idea as they occur through the day. Again, Note books are a sacred commodity in my life; perfect for reflecting and planning !
3. Do It – Organize You Way To Success
When your boss gives you an agenda aimed at success, achievement is predicted upon the act of you fulfilling your duties. Do what you have planned to do, work strategically and steadfastly. Work for yourself like you do for your boss because your lifestyle should be ran as well as any thriving business.
Don’t Give Up! Success Awaits You
At first, it may be challenging to conquer your targets with systematic victory. Try again and again until you succeed by habit. Our haphazard ways didn’t grow over night. The near terror resulting from the lack of organization has become a way of life for many of us. So, Relax… It’s a trying process to order your life like your boss has his business. It will take you a minimum of 30 days to gather a clear, comprehensive view of your daily and monthly affairs. Start anew with any minute, hour, or day; as many times as you need. But, don’t give up!
This is only the beginning. We will scale our efforts and parts of the day down to the minute. We will take phone calls and check emails at approximately the same time on a typical day. Together will do better and organize our way to success! Please share with us your process, progress, comments or concerns as you make preparations for success. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss the follow up to this post and follow us on instagram @penthouse36_ Use the hasthag #OraganizingMyWayToSuccess to show your organizing efforts! One more thing, share this article with someone who might appreciate it !